Buddh International Circuit


Buddh International Circuit
 India's top women tennis star Sania Mirza said she is able to walk pain free after her left-knee surgery and is thankful that her injury came during the sport's off season.

Sania had torn her meniscus at the Flushing Meadows. She underwent the surgery last week and says that it will take her four-six weeks to recover.

"Because of the surgery I am able to walk pain-free. I will begin practicing once my rehabilitation is over. Doctors say it will take around five to six weeks to completely recover. My trainer from South Africa will also be coming shortly to work with me," said Sania, who was here at the DLTA complex Saturday as the chief guest of the Fenesta Tennis national championship.

"The injury came during the off-season, so that is a good thing."

The 24-year-old felt nostalgic being at the Delhi Lawn Tennis Association (DLTA) complex, where she had roughed it out as a junior player.

"I feel nostalgic. No matter which part of the county you play tennis, this is where you have to come and play. I have played quite a lot here and today I am being asked to hand out the prizes. I feel honoured," Sania said.

Sania was invited for India's first ever Formula One Grand Prix at the Buddh International circuit Oct 30 and the Hyderabadi said she is looking forward to be at the do.

"I am definitely looking forward to F1. I have not been to such an event before, it will be a great experience," she said.

Sania was also happy with her Pakistani cricketer husband Shoaib Malik's return to the national side.

"As a wife, I am definitely happy for Shoaib. The family has been supporting him and it is good to see him return," she said.

Share this article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...